You are here: Office-Outlook.com  / Outlook Forum

In Outlook Express spell checker stuck in French how to change it.

Home » General Outlook opportunities » Outlook Public
In Outlook Express spell checker stuck in French how to change it. [message #255848] Tue, 25 December 2007 09:40 Go to next message
Herb
Messages: 6
Registered: July 2006
Junior Member
The language setting in the spell checker inOutlook Express is stuck in
French. (No other language option is available) The language in Office is
set to English!
How can I change it to English in Outlook Express?
Re: In Outlook Express spell checker stuck in French how to change it. [message #255876] Tue, 25 December 2007 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
millys[3]
Messages: 82
Registered: May 2007
Member
http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2006/20061228.htm

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
reading.

After furious head scratching, Herb wrote:

| The language setting in the spell checker inOutlook Express is stuck
| in French. (No other language option is available) The language in
| Office is set to English!
| How can I change it to English in Outlook Express?
Re: In Outlook Express spell checker stuck in French how to change [message #262681] Mon, 07 January 2008 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gordon
Messages: 5790
Registered: June 2006
Senior Member
"Charles" <Charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:78E875E3-08DF-4D8E-8CA3-C1237DA030B2@microsoft.com...
>I beg to differ, Mary, but the same thing happened to me when I installed
> Office 2007. When I started OExpress, the spell checker was in French, so
> I
> checked my language region settings in Windows XP & guess what? It was
> still
> set to English. So I decided that since the problem started with Office
> 2007,
> I would see what the spell language was set on. The Office 2007 was set
> for
> French, so I changed it to English and all of my Office 2007 programs
> accepted the change and checks my spelling in English, but my Outlook
> Express
> still tries to check in French. There is no way to change the language
> from
> within OE Express. I am still searching for a fix since I use OE for the
> speed and simplicity that it provides.
>

There are two fixes.
One - install the English proofing tools from Office 2003 if you have it, or
two - install a third-party spell check for OE. Google will give you your
choices.
Re: In Outlook Express spell checker stuck in French how to change [message #266377] Thu, 17 January 2008 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
luv2balive
Messages: 1
Registered: January 2008
Junior Member
This is a known Microsoft issue and get this! Their only solution is to
download third party software. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932974. If
someone knows of a real fix, please post it

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2006/20061228.htm
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
> unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, Herb wrote:
>
> | The language setting in the spell checker inOutlook Express is stuck
> | in French. (No other language option is available) The language in
> | Office is set to English!
> | How can I change it to English in Outlook Express?
>
>
>
Re: In Outlook Express spell checker stuck in French how to change [message #266390] Fri, 18 January 2008 01:14 Go to previous message
Gordon
Messages: 5790
Registered: June 2006
Senior Member
"luv2balive" <luv2balive@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:3EED8A45-201E-4E95-9292-7382A566301F@microsoft.com...
> This is a known Microsoft issue and get this! Their only solution is to
> download third party software. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932974. If
> someone knows of a real fix, please post it

No, that is the only answer unless you have a copy of Office 2003 from which
you can install the English Proofing tools.
Outlook Express has been superceded by Windows Mail and so there will be NO
further development or fixes AFAIK...
Previous Topic:Report/ subreport Question
Next Topic:Dates in Custom Fields
Goto Forum: