You are here: Office-Outlook.com  / Outlook Forum

Outlook and Outlook Connector

Home » General Outlook opportunities » Outlook
Outlook and Outlook Connector [message #391905] Fri, 15 August 2008 09:48 Go to next message
Mady
Messages: 3
Registered: August 2008
Junior Member
I set up Outlook Connector in Outlook 2003. No email show in my Inbox, but
they do show up in Live Mail. Any idea how to fix this?
Re: Outlook and Outlook Connector [message #392083] Sat, 16 August 2008 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mady
Messages: 3
Registered: August 2008
Junior Member
I'm looking in the correct Inbox, and I can send mail. I just don't receive
any.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> Hard to say - first make sure you are looking in the correct inbox - ctrl+6
> to show the folder list. How many inbox are in your list?
>
> Can you send messages? Are their any errors in the sync folder?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>
> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>
> You can access this newsgroup by visiting
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>
>
> "Mady" <Mady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:11DECA02-E416-4ABC-8633-2657BDF8C90E@microsoft.com...
> > I set up Outlook Connector in Outlook 2003. No email show in my Inbox, but
> > they do show up in Live Mail. Any idea how to fix this?
>
>
Re: Outlook and Outlook Connector [message #399616] Wed, 27 August 2008 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Akanksha
Messages: 1
Registered: August 2008
Junior Member
Hi Diane,

I have a live account and exactly the similar problem. I see two inboxes in
my outlook 2003. One is in the personal folder and the second in the
x@live.com folder. I get my mails in the live.com folder. Is it possible to
get mails delivered to personal folder?

Bye !

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> Hard to say - first make sure you are looking in the correct inbox - ctrl+6
> to show the folder list. How many inbox are in your list?
>
> Can you send messages? Are their any errors in the sync folder?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>
> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>
> You can access this newsgroup by visiting
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>
>
> "Mady" <Mady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:11DECA02-E416-4ABC-8633-2657BDF8C90E@microsoft.com...
> > I set up Outlook Connector in Outlook 2003. No email show in my Inbox, but
> > they do show up in Live Mail. Any idea how to fix this?
>
>
Re: Outlook and Outlook Connector [message #399783] Wed, 27 August 2008 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian Tillman
Messages: 25117
Registered: June 2006
Senior Member
"Akanksha" <Akanksha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E03DF6D5-BD33-4729-889A-12FA4D1227C6@microsoft.com...

> I have a live account and exactly the similar problem. I see two inboxes
> in
> my outlook 2003. One is in the personal folder and the second in the
> x@live.com folder. I get my mails in the live.com folder. Is it possible
> to
> get mails delivered to personal folder?

Not for the Live account, it seems to me. I don't think rules will work on
the Live folders either, so you probably can't create a rule to copy the
messages to the Personal Folders Inbox.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
Re: Outlook and Outlook Connector [message #405512] Tue, 02 September 2008 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dsludge
Messages: 2
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> "Akanksha" <Akanksha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:E03DF6D5-BD33-4729-889A-12FA4D1227C6@microsoft.com...
>
> > I have a live account and exactly the similar problem. I see two inboxes
> > in
> > my outlook 2003. One is in the personal folder and the second in the
> > x@live.com folder. I get my mails in the live.com folder. Is it possible
> > to
> > get mails delivered to personal folder?
>
> Not for the Live account, it seems to me. I don't think rules will work on
> the Live folders either, so you probably can't create a rule to copy the
> messages to the Personal Folders Inbox.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
>
Re: Outlook and Outlook Connector [message #405515] Tue, 02 September 2008 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dsludge
Messages: 2
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
by the actions of a paid consultant, I was "migrated" from using POP3 with
Outlook 2003 to access and flow my messages from my MSN Live Premium account
into my Personal Folders to using Outlook Connector with my version Outlook
2003 SP3. The Outlook Connector 12 works fine but I have two inbox folders.
The MSN account inbox contains recent new mail while the inbox in Personal
Folders contain new mail prior to the conversion to Outlook Connector from
POP3. The new messages on my MSN accounts do not sync to the inbox of my
Personal Folders as they did in the POP3/SMTP configuration.

From what I read in your message(s) below, that would seem to be the case.
Why doesn't the tried & true "deliver new e-mail to..." in Tools | Email
Accounts work as it would with an IMAP server like Exchange? It would
appear that this is a step backward especially since I pay a monthly fee for
"premium" MSN services.

Having a local PST file was a good backup to just keeping mail on the
server. In addition to backing up the pst periodically as a "point in time"
mail backup.

How would you sync the MSN mail from the MSN account a local store in
OutLook2003?

Thank you your comments on this thread. They have been most helpful.

Thanks in Advance

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> "Akanksha" <Akanksha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:E03DF6D5-BD33-4729-889A-12FA4D1227C6@microsoft.com...
>
> > I have a live account and exactly the similar problem. I see two inboxes
> > in
> > my outlook 2003. One is in the personal folder and the second in the
> > x@live.com folder. I get my mails in the live.com folder. Is it possible
> > to
> > get mails delivered to personal folder?
>
> Not for the Live account, it seems to me. I don't think rules will work on
> the Live folders either, so you probably can't create a rule to copy the
> messages to the Personal Folders Inbox.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
>
Re: Outlook and Outlook Connector [message #405850] Wed, 03 September 2008 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian Tillman
Messages: 25117
Registered: June 2006
Senior Member
"dsludge" <dsludge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:EB8A664B-7ED8-420F-A8A2-B10B1F4C0522@microsoft.com...

> by the actions of a paid consultant, I was "migrated" from using POP3 with
> Outlook 2003 to access and flow my messages from my MSN Live Premium
> account
> into my Personal Folders to using Outlook Connector with my version
> Outlook
> 2003 SP3. The Outlook Connector 12 works fine but I have two inbox
> folders.
> The MSN account inbox contains recent new mail while the inbox in Personal
> Folders contain new mail prior to the conversion to Outlook Connector from
> POP3. The new messages on my MSN accounts do not sync to the inbox of my
> Personal Folders as they did in the POP3/SMTP configuration.
>
> From what I read in your message(s) below, that would seem to be the
> case.
> Why doesn't the tried & true "deliver new e-mail to..." in Tools | Email
> Accounts work as it would with an IMAP server like Exchange? It would
> appear that this is a step backward especially since I pay a monthly fee
> for
> "premium" MSN services.

IMAP accounts will always have separate folders. At least with the
connector you can make your MSN folders you delivery location. IMAP folders
can never be the delivery locaiton.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
Re: Outlook and Outlook Connector [message #406447] Thu, 04 September 2008 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nerdus_Maximus
Messages: 2
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
Interesting thread ... I have been wrestling with the same issues around here.

Perhaps, I can rephrase...

How can I using just Outlook 2003, Outlook Connector 12, and MSN Live
account (w/paid subscription) get my new email delivered from my MSN inbox to
my My Personal Folders inbox (local.pst) where I can move and organize the
messages within the personal folders/local pst file? Right now, I have
expand both the MSN/Hotmail account folder and the Personal Folder. In the
past, using POP3, you only had to have just the Personal Folders expands
because the mail was pulled from the remote mail server into the local pst
file. This would allow seeing and organizing your new mail without having to
be on-line after synchronization. (basically a rudimentary off-line mode)

While bidirectional synchronization is cool, it really isn't a actual
requirement. No need to sync all folders in Personal Folders back to
MSN...just flow the new mail down to the local file, thus allow me to leave
the MSN folder collapse.

I guess the rephrase of the question didn't make it shorter...lol...

How about...I just want what I had with POP3. :-) what is the best
recommendation or practice?

These MS communities are quite informative and helpful.

BTW..FYI... here is the sequence that I found in an MSDN blog which *really*
got me unstuck and out of the ditch :

http://blogs.msdn.com/outlook/archive/2007/09/10/getting-hel p-with-the-office-outlook-connector.aspx (look for Robert Braxley's note(s))


Cheers,

John
--
Nerdus_Maximus
Colchester, VT USA


"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> "dsludge" <dsludge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:EB8A664B-7ED8-420F-A8A2-B10B1F4C0522@microsoft.com...
>
> > by the actions of a paid consultant, I was "migrated" from using POP3 with
> > Outlook 2003 to access and flow my messages from my MSN Live Premium
> > account
> > into my Personal Folders to using Outlook Connector with my version
> > Outlook
> > 2003 SP3. The Outlook Connector 12 works fine but I have two inbox
> > folders.
> > The MSN account inbox contains recent new mail while the inbox in Personal
> > Folders contain new mail prior to the conversion to Outlook Connector from
> > POP3. The new messages on my MSN accounts do not sync to the inbox of my
> > Personal Folders as they did in the POP3/SMTP configuration.
> >
> > From what I read in your message(s) below, that would seem to be the
> > case.
> > Why doesn't the tried & true "deliver new e-mail to..." in Tools | Email
> > Accounts work as it would with an IMAP server like Exchange? It would
> > appear that this is a step backward especially since I pay a monthly fee
> > for
> > "premium" MSN services.
>
> IMAP accounts will always have separate folders. At least with the
> connector you can make your MSN folders you delivery location. IMAP folders
> can never be the delivery locaiton.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
>
Re: Outlook and Outlook Connector [message #406612] Thu, 04 September 2008 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian Tillman
Messages: 25117
Registered: June 2006
Senior Member
"Nerdus_Maximus" <NerdusMaximus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:AE9785A0-540A-4EB0-BE77-D100E0571F97@microsoft.com...

> How can I using just Outlook 2003, Outlook Connector 12, and MSN Live
> account (w/paid subscription) get my new email delivered from my MSN inbox
> to
> my My Personal Folders inbox (local.pst) where I can move and organize the
> messages within the personal folders/local pst file?

You can't.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
Re: Outlook and Outlook Connector [message #407239] Fri, 05 September 2008 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nerdus_Maximus
Messages: 2
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
Thanks, Brian. I appreciate the response and effort.

Good to know that "you can't push on a rope"... :-)

I will investigate alternatives.

Best Regards,

John

--
Nerdus_Maximus
Colchester, VT USA


"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> "Nerdus_Maximus" <NerdusMaximus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:AE9785A0-540A-4EB0-BE77-D100E0571F97@microsoft.com...
>
> > How can I using just Outlook 2003, Outlook Connector 12, and MSN Live
> > account (w/paid subscription) get my new email delivered from my MSN inbox
> > to
> > my My Personal Folders inbox (local.pst) where I can move and organize the
> > messages within the personal folders/local pst file?
>
> You can't.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
>
Re: Outlook and Outlook Connector [message #423295] Tue, 30 September 2008 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charles
Messages: 46
Registered: June 2006
Member
Dear Dianne,

It never occurred to me that there would be a completely new folder . . .
Once I looked for it, not only were all the e-mails there from the "Inbox"
but all the other things as well!

TVM

Charles
--
Thank You


"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> Hard to say - first make sure you are looking in the correct inbox - ctrl+6
> to show the folder list. How many inbox are in your list?
>
> Can you send messages? Are their any errors in the sync folder?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>
> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>
> You can access this newsgroup by visiting
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>
>
> "Mady" <Mady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:11DECA02-E416-4ABC-8633-2657BDF8C90E@microsoft.com...
> > I set up Outlook Connector in Outlook 2003. No email show in my Inbox, but
> > they do show up in Live Mail. Any idea how to fix this?
>
>
Re: Outlook and Outlook Connector [message #440087] Thu, 06 November 2008 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stu
Messages: 17
Registered: July 2006
Junior Member
"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> "Nerdus_Maximus" <NerdusMaximus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:AE9785A0-540A-4EB0-BE77-D100E0571F97@microsoft.com...
>
> > How can I using just Outlook 2003, Outlook Connector 12, and MSN Live
> > account (w/paid subscription) get my new email delivered from my MSN inbox
> > to
> > my My Personal Folders inbox (local.pst) where I can move and organize the
> > messages within the personal folders/local pst file?
>
> You can't.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>

Is it possible to change the default location of the xxxx.ost file created
by the Connector, this is a Live email account.
Re: Outlook and Outlook Connector [message #440091] Thu, 06 November 2008 10:50 Go to previous message
cyrs2
Messages: 5
Registered: November 2008
Junior Member
I have similar problem, except I can't send or recieve mail in Outlook using my live address. I geta section on the left which says blah@live.co.uk, and all the inbox/junk/etc folders, but no emails at all, yet i have loads when I access live mail normally. I also get error 0x80040126 (server conncetion unavailable?) I made a sepearate thread about it http://office-outlook.com/outlook-forum/index.php/t/140625/

[Updated on: Thu, 06 November 2008 10:52]

Previous Topic:Delegate Settings Error
Next Topic:Print multiple calendars side-by-side
Goto Forum: