You are here: Office-Outlook.com  / Outlook Forum

Outlook 2000 and Journaling

Home » General Outlook opportunities » Outlook Public
Outlook 2000 and Journaling [message #83469] Mon, 13 November 2006 08:34 Go to next message
AnytimeAnywhere
Messages: 17
Registered: July 2006
Junior Member
I have a user whose Journal is not logging anything even though Journaling
is turned on. I found an MS document regarding this issue that had me make
a change to the registry, but that didn't work.

Any ideas on what I can do to get his Journaling to work?

Thanks,

John
Re: Outlook 2000 and Journaling [message #83822] Tue, 14 November 2006 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AnytimeAnywhere
Messages: 17
Registered: July 2006
Junior Member
Yes, all check boxes have been checked.

John

"Nikki" <SkippyLetterman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:eC0DDQ4BHHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Have you selected the items and/or contacts that you want to
> have journaled?
>
> Example: Automatically record these items: (list of choices to select)
> THEN For these contacts: (contact list to select from)
>
> Nikki Peterson
>
> "AnytimeAnywhere" <gm79ta@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:u77OgG0BHHA.4348@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>I have a user whose Journal is not logging anything even though Journaling
>>is turned on. I found an MS document regarding this issue that had me
>>make a change to the registry, but that didn't work.
>>
>> Any ideas on what I can do to get his Journaling to work?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> John
>>
>
>
Re: Outlook 2000 and Journaling [message #84856] Wed, 15 November 2006 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AnytimeAnywhere
Messages: 17
Registered: July 2006
Junior Member
Outlook 2000.
Not that I know of. Where would I look?
No. Email is on the Exchange 5.5 server, although, he routes some mail to a
public folder.

John

"Nikki" <SkippyLetterman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:uRZXVpKCHHA.1196@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> What version of Outlook is the client using?
> Are they in Cache Mode?
> Do they deliver their mail to a PST?
>
> Nikki Peterson
>
> "AnytimeAnywhere" <gm79ta@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:Oyal4W$BHHA.4892@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Yes, all check boxes have been checked.
>>
>> John
>>
>> "Nikki" <SkippyLetterman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:eC0DDQ4BHHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> Have you selected the items and/or contacts that you want to
>>> have journaled?
>>>
>>> Example: Automatically record these items: (list of choices to select)
>>> THEN For these contacts: (contact list to select from)
>>>
>>> Nikki Peterson
>>>
>>> "AnytimeAnywhere" <gm79ta@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> news:u77OgG0BHHA.4348@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>>>I have a user whose Journal is not logging anything even though
>>>>Journaling is turned on. I found an MS document regarding this issue
>>>>that had me make a change to the registry, but that didn't work.
>>>>
>>>> Any ideas on what I can do to get his Journaling to work?
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>>
>>>> John
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
Re: Outlook 2000 and Journaling [message #85081] Wed, 15 November 2006 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nikki
Messages: 2617
Registered: July 2006
Senior Member
Try using the DETECT AND REPAIR option.
This is on the HELP Menu in Outlook.
Be aware that depending on how you installed Outlook you
may need your Office/Outlook install disk to complete this.

Nikki Peterson

"AnytimeAnywhere" <gm79ta@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:eWhq6YNCHHA.5068@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Outlook 2000.
> Not that I know of. Where would I look?
> No. Email is on the Exchange 5.5 server, although, he routes some mail to
> a public folder.
>
> John
>
> "Nikki" <SkippyLetterman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:uRZXVpKCHHA.1196@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> What version of Outlook is the client using?
>> Are they in Cache Mode?
>> Do they deliver their mail to a PST?
>>
>> Nikki Peterson
>>
>> "AnytimeAnywhere" <gm79ta@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> news:Oyal4W$BHHA.4892@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> Yes, all check boxes have been checked.
>>>
>>> John
>>>
>>> "Nikki" <SkippyLetterman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:eC0DDQ4BHHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>>> Have you selected the items and/or contacts that you want to
>>>> have journaled?
>>>>
>>>> Example: Automatically record these items: (list of choices to select)
>>>> THEN For these contacts: (contact list to select from)
>>>>
>>>> Nikki Peterson
>>>>
>>>> "AnytimeAnywhere" <gm79ta@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>> news:u77OgG0BHHA.4348@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>>>>I have a user whose Journal is not logging anything even though
>>>>>Journaling is turned on. I found an MS document regarding this issue
>>>>>that had me make a change to the registry, but that didn't work.
>>>>>
>>>>> Any ideas on what I can do to get his Journaling to work?
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>
>>>>> John
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
Re: Outlook 2000 and Journaling [message #86626] Mon, 20 November 2006 08:16 Go to previous message
AnytimeAnywhere
Messages: 17
Registered: July 2006
Junior Member
It's fixed. The problem was that the registry was pointing to a location in
the users profile that didn't exist.

John

"Nikki" <SkippyLetterman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:e%23H1UTSCHHA.3540@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Try using the DETECT AND REPAIR option.
> This is on the HELP Menu in Outlook.
> Be aware that depending on how you installed Outlook you
> may need your Office/Outlook install disk to complete this.
>
> Nikki Peterson
>
> "AnytimeAnywhere" <gm79ta@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:eWhq6YNCHHA.5068@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Outlook 2000.
>> Not that I know of. Where would I look?
>> No. Email is on the Exchange 5.5 server, although, he routes some mail
>> to a public folder.
>>
>> John
>>
>> "Nikki" <SkippyLetterman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:uRZXVpKCHHA.1196@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> What version of Outlook is the client using?
>>> Are they in Cache Mode?
>>> Do they deliver their mail to a PST?
>>>
>>> Nikki Peterson
>>>
>>> "AnytimeAnywhere" <gm79ta@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> news:Oyal4W$BHHA.4892@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>>> Yes, all check boxes have been checked.
>>>>
>>>> John
>>>>
>>>> "Nikki" <SkippyLetterman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>> news:eC0DDQ4BHHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>>>> Have you selected the items and/or contacts that you want to
>>>>> have journaled?
>>>>>
>>>>> Example: Automatically record these items: (list of choices to select)
>>>>> THEN For these contacts: (contact list to select from)
>>>>>
>>>>> Nikki Peterson
>>>>>
>>>>> "AnytimeAnywhere" <gm79ta@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>>> news:u77OgG0BHHA.4348@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>>>>>I have a user whose Journal is not logging anything even though
>>>>>>Journaling is turned on. I found an MS document regarding this issue
>>>>>>that had me make a change to the registry, but that didn't work.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Any ideas on what I can do to get his Journaling to work?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> John
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
Previous Topic:Outlook constantly ask for username/password
Next Topic:RPC over HTTPS - Frustrated (Help!)
Goto Forum: