You are here: Office-Outlook.com  / Outlook Forum

Outlook 2003 Backup

Home » General Outlook opportunities » Outlook
Outlook 2003 Backup [message #9794] Sun, 09 July 2006 12:37 Go to next message
Sam
Messages: 233
Registered: September 2006
Senior Member
Can anyone please help me with a problem with Outlook 2003 backup program, I
have used this program for a while now and it has worked very well, but just
recently it has started doing strange things, when I used to make a backup it
saved the backup in the folder I wanted as a Office data file of round about
13,000 KB but now the file type has changed just to a plain file type and has
increased in size to approx 36,000 KB size and I unable to import it back
into outlook 2003. I posted this question before but no one was able to help
I am running XP pro with service pack 2 and all updates and Office 2003.
Anybody got any idea what’s going on please.
Re: Outlook 2003 Backup [message #9823] Sun, 09 July 2006 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam
Messages: 233
Registered: September 2006
Senior Member
By plain file i mean when i look at the folder with windows explorer the
backup in there under the file type it says before it office data file. and
now it just says file. When it made a office data file i could just open it
in outlook and copy the emails to my inbox no problems, but now it with this
new file type it will not open in outlook.

Sorry about not answering in my last post as i was unable to find it again
the only help i did see was to buy a book.

Sam

"DL" wrote:

> What do you mean by 'plain file type' this Q was posed in your last post but
> you didnt reply.
> You dont Import any way, you open the pst in OL
>
> "sam" <sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:29EACBC6-220D-4324-9EC1-D8D139FD9541@microsoft.com...
> > Can anyone please help me with a problem with Outlook 2003 backup program,
> I
> > have used this program for a while now and it has worked very well, but
> just
> > recently it has started doing strange things, when I used to make a backup
> it
> > saved the backup in the folder I wanted as a Office data file of round
> about
> > 13,000 KB but now the file type has changed just to a plain file type and
> has
> > increased in size to approx 36,000 KB size and I unable to import it back
> > into outlook 2003. I posted this question before but no one was able to
> help
> > I am running XP pro with service pack 2 and all updates and Office 2003.
> > Anybody got any idea what's going on please.
>
>
>
Re: Outlook 2003 Backup [message #9872] Sun, 09 July 2006 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam
Messages: 233
Registered: September 2006
Senior Member
Hi yes i have checked the outlook backup tool to see where it is backing upto
and it is where i wanted it and i can see the dialogue window showing
progress and the file is there i just carnt open it back in outlook as it is
not a office data file.

"DL" wrote:

> Use the default Outlook Express newsreader, makes life easier for you
> Have you checked OL Backup tool settings to see where exactly its backing up
> to?
> When you perform a backup does the dialogue window open showing backup
> progress?
> Since the backup is only a copy of the pst, delete this file and backup
> again
>
Re: Outlook 2003 Backup [message #9894] Sun, 09 July 2006 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DL
Messages: 5936
Registered: June 2006
Senior Member
As you have found your previous post and Sue is reponding I'll bow out

"sam" <sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A28C470D-D8CF-4E6B-8689-C352229C25AC@microsoft.com...
> Hi yes i have checked the outlook backup tool to see where it is backing
upto
> and it is where i wanted it and i can see the dialogue window showing
> progress and the file is there i just carnt open it back in outlook as it
is
> not a office data file.
>
> "DL" wrote:
>
> > Use the default Outlook Express newsreader, makes life easier for you
> > Have you checked OL Backup tool settings to see where exactly its
backing up
> > to?
> > When you perform a backup does the dialogue window open showing backup
> > progress?
> > Since the backup is only a copy of the pst, delete this file and backup
> > again
> >
>
Re: Outlook 2003 Backup [message #10041] Mon, 10 July 2006 01:52 Go to previous message
Sam
Messages: 233
Registered: September 2006
Senior Member
Thank you for all your help

"DL" wrote:

> As you have found your previous post and Sue is reponding I'll bow out
>
> "sam" <sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:A28C470D-D8CF-4E6B-8689-C352229C25AC@microsoft.com...
> > Hi yes i have checked the outlook backup tool to see where it is backing
> upto
> > and it is where i wanted it and i can see the dialogue window showing
> > progress and the file is there i just carnt open it back in outlook as it
> is
> > not a office data file.
> >
> > "DL" wrote:
> >
> > > Use the default Outlook Express newsreader, makes life easier for you
> > > Have you checked OL Backup tool settings to see where exactly its
> backing up
> > > to?
> > > When you perform a backup does the dialogue window open showing backup
> > > progress?
> > > Since the backup is only a copy of the pst, delete this file and backup
> > > again
> > >
> >
>
>
>
Previous Topic:digital signature not validating in outlook, but validating everyw
Next Topic:i open a link in outlook and ie7 opens a very small window
Goto Forum: